Did you know that wearing headphones creates an excellent habitat for bacteria? In just an hour of wearing headphones, the number of bacteria in your ear increases by 700 times.
Maintaining a healthy ear is as important as any other part of the body. Our ears allow us to hear the laughs of children, sweet melodies from our favorite musical acts and "I Love You's" from those who matter most to us. When we fail to give our ears the attention they deserve, we run the risk of hearing trouble, painful aches, or tinnitus (constant ringing in the ears), just to name a few.
So what is the best way to take care of your ears? Here are a few tips that can help you create good ear health.
- Use earplugs when you are around loud noises such as concerts, ball games, lawn mowers, or chainsaws.
- When listening to music or watching TV, turn the volume down.
- Keep your ears dry to help reduce the risk of harmful bacteria in the ear canal. Excess moisture can create an environment for bacteria to grow and harm the ears.
- Stop using cotton swabs in your ears. Click here for four reasons not to use a cotton swab. A little wax in your ear is healthy and important. It is a naturally occurring substance that lubricates and protects the inside of the ear from dirt, bacteria, and anything else that might try to sneak its way into the ear canal.
- However, excessive earwax or impacted earwax can create sudden or partial hearing loss, tinnitus (ringing in the ears) or leave your ear feeling full. If this is the case for you, EARWAX MD would be the perfect solution to clean your ears.